The Mosti Funeral Homewas founded in 1917 by Eugene C. and Edith P. Mosti in Bridgeville, PA. Eugene acquired the funeral home as part of a purchase that also included a livery service and car dealership. In 1927, Eugene and Edith moved the funeral home to Steubenville where they operated it until Eugene’s death in 1955. It was then that their sons, Donald and Myron, took over the business. When Myron retired in 1993, Donald and his son, David, purchased the business. David, who became a licensed embalmer and funeral director in 1982, took over the day-to-day management in 1995, becoming the third generation of the Mosti family to operate the funeral home. The Sunset Chapel, which opened in 1997 in Steubenville’s West End, is also operated by David. Donald continues to assist his son with the operation of this family business, one of the oldest family-owned businesses in Steubenville. On August 21, 1997, Edith Mosti died at the age of 100.